Ear screening program details of Karma Samtenling Lama Monastery, Swayambhu, Kathmandu
21th April 2014
Ear screening program of Karma Samtenling lama Monastery, Swayambhu.
Screening program was carried out by a team from Ear Care Nepal which included ENT Surgeon: Dr. Milan Maharjan, Audio-technician: Ms. Ramita Maharjan and Volunteers: Jagoba, Txaber.
Active participation and support was provided by the Senior lamas/anis during entire program.
- Total number of lamas: 75
- Total number with normal findings: 59 (78.66%)
- Total number with wax: 8 (10.66%)
- Total number with middle ear problem: 7 (9.33%)
- Chronic Otitis Media 'TT': 5
- Retracted TM: 2
- SNHL: 1 (1.33%)
- Lamas needing surgery: 2